The earlier the better?

 Maybe 2024 is it? I think I want to go back earlier. Once again, I am tired of being stuck in a rut and would really just like to move on with my life. I am grateful for this opportunity to be in a better position for my health, but I don't know if it's hypomania talking, but maybe 2024 is it? 

I think I am just in a tired haze. But I think, do I want to be here for another 2 years? Again, this is a really nice job. I have my own office and for the most part, make my own hours. I spent the afternoon just reflecting and taking a mental break because I am TIRED. Do I want to go back to being tired again because of a residency? 

Pros:

-I get to graduate in 2028 at 36

-Get that $300K earlier

-Can help out my family earlier, especially if they move to Pittsburgh 

-Start paying off private loan sooner 

-I get to do what I love sooner 

-I get to help patients in need of psychiatric care

-I am feeling better about going back to clinical medicine, in general, despite all the bullshit. I really don't see myself doing anything else long-term. Research is ok, but it's soooo slow. It takes months to publish papers that I really don't care for reading. You know what? I care about the money. I don't know if there are similar jobs out there that pay 300k starting out. What A and M want to do is noble, but does it pay as much? Probably not. I don't know. I have the benefit of seeing how their careers turn out. M is probably going to stick around Hershey and join their faculty. She can do a mix of teaching and advocacy work. 

-Getting to work towards financial freedom earlier 

-Get that dream job of clinical and teaching/admin role - hopefully, still compensating at 300K 

Cons:

-Only one year to enjoy my call-free, relatively less stressful life 

-Going back to residency earlier, a situation that is not optimal for my mental health

-Would need to start prepping ASAP to go back to residency 

-I would need to buy a car next year instead of in 2 years - that's at least 8k from my savings



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When things do go my way

Why I should do child psych