When things do go my way

I always ruminate about the things in life that didn't go my way or according to the plans I had for myself. But what about when things do go according to plan? What about when I do actually get what I want. 

Some examples: 

In 8th grade, I intended do the IB program. 4 years later I got my IB diploma 

In my senior year of HS I intended to get accepted to a top college. And I did. 

In college I knew I wanted to travel and I did. Multiple times. 

After college I knew I wanted to go to med school via a one-year postbac. And I got accepted.

In med school I knew I wanted to get a MA in Bioethics. And I did that. 

I knew I wanted to match at my top choice residency program. And I did. 

Bae and I knew we wanted to get married how and when we did. And we did.

I knew I wanted to live in my apartment complex. And we still do almost 3 years later. 

I got started my current job just a couple months after I quit residency. 

I had a craving for Popeye's today and I got it.

O.K., the last example was pretty small, but anything could have happened to prevent me from getting Popeyes. My point is that instead of focusing on what did go wrong and what could go right, let me focus on what has gone right, what is going right and what could go right in the future. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I should do child psych